Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are these chat rooms safe?
We do have a safety page that you can follow. As long as those safety tips are followed, then you will be safe.
2. Do I need any special computer add-ons to use this website?
In terms of hardware, no. However, we ask that you download the latest version browsers such as Chrome or Firefox if you plan to use these chat rooms on your desktop or mobile devices.
3. Do I have to follow all the rules?
You absolutely have to! This is what you agreed to before entering Kids Chat.
4. There is an older user in the chat that is making me uncomfortable?
Take screenshots. Report the user to a moderator. Report to your parent or guardian. If it is serious enough, report it to your local police.
5. Do you have any personal information on me?
The only personal information we would have of you is the IP address you used to connect to the chat. We may also have your email address if you have provided it to us for registration purposes. Email addresses are never shared to anyone.
6. Do you share IP addresses with anybody?
Yes, we share them with law enforcement agencies who request them through proper channels.
7. Is it true that you have put older users in prison?
Well, we cannot disclose any details of past or pending cases. We actively work with law enforcement agencies around the world and many users who should not be here and groom or exploit young kids, teens and children will face the fullest punishment of the law.
8. Do I have to pay anything to be here?
Not a single penny. This website is 100% free with no strings attached.
9. Do you have any other chat websites to recommend me?
For older teenagers we recommend going to this Teen chat room. For those of you who prefer a more all-ages type atmosphere, we recommend going to Chat Avenue which is one of the oldest and most popular chat sites in the world.
9. I see you have moderators but I don't see one online right now, what can I do?
Our moderators also have lives, so please do not expect one to be on every single second of the day. However, we try our best to have the room covered as much as possible. Any illegal events should be reported to your local police.
10. Can I become a moderator?
Moderators are hand selected and must meet certain criteria. If you qualify, we will reach out to you.
11. I have seen some bad people use these chat rooms, why not just shut this website down?
We try our best to make this website as safe as possible. Safety is a two way street. We can do our part but you must always do yours. Please follow the safety rules throughout the site. Shutting this website down will not stop another from opening up and all those bad guys from going there, perhaps with even worse security measures. This site does not generate any revenue and is only offered as a place of enjoyment. We staff moderators and encourage safe use and feel that the safety measures we have set in place will make things a lot easier.
12. I have some questions that have not been answered, who do I contact?
Feel free to drop us a message using the Contact Us page.